What’s it like being an exchange student in the U.S? And how did you convince your parents?

What’s it like being an exchange student in the U.S? And how did you convince your parents?  

By: afra1maz@icloud.com on March 2, 2020, 10:23 a.m.

Re: What’s it like being an exchange student in the U.S? And how did you convince your parents?  

By: kkhanna7@wisc.edu on March 5, 2020, 11:12 a.m.

Being a student here is amazing, it’s a lot of work unlike what a lot of people will tell you back home. But, in the end it’s all worth it. Be prepared to work a lot, learn a lot and have a lot of fun at the same time!

Re: What’s it like being an exchange student in the U.S? And how did you convince your parents?  

By: Srihari on March 6, 2020, 1:29 a.m.

I am currently a freshman (international student) at Union College and pursuing a major in mechanical engineering and minor in astronomy. It's been great so far. Professors teach very well and are approachable. There are plethora of research opportunities in STEM and non-STEM fields like Extragalactic Astrophysics research and ion beam analysis. My mother was completely on board with my decision of pursuing my undergraduate studies in the US.

Is College in US for you?